As a center for Urology research and education, the department of Urology is committed to advancing and applying Urology knowledge through:
- Excellence in undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education programs;
- Community oriented education and research that address a changing society;
- Promotion Urology of health.
Advancing Urology and changing lives through academic distinction, knowledge creation and application, and recognized leadership.
Urology department is devoted to teaching and service excellence.
- Collaborations and partnerships with other Departments, institutions, organizations and communities to bring together better Educations to our students and better urology care to our patients.
- Discovery, creativity and innovation in scholarship and research that advance the frontiers of knowledge.
- Diverse backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles and ideas.
Our strategic goals and principles are to:
- Focus on those we serve, especially our patients and students;
- Advance innovation and excellence in urology teaching to support student success;
- Promote excellence in research and creative endeavors;
- Promote excellence in urology practice to provide the population of KZN with the best cost effective urology service.